Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Sausage Egg casserole

 



8 to 10 large eggs scrambled with a whisk or fork

1 cup shredded mild or sharp cheddar cheese

1 tsp salt 

1/4 tsp pepper

1 pound ground sausage

2 slices dried bread 

2 cups milk

2 Tbs finely chopped onions or more if desired


Preheat oven to 350º. Grease a 9 x 13 pan.

Fry sausage with onion until sausage is crumbly and no longer pink. 

Dice bread into small cubes.

Scramble eggs in mixing bowl, stir in milk.

Add remaining ingredients to mixing bowl and stir well. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 to 45 minutes.


*** Milk can be substituted for half milk and half cream or half and half for a richer texture.

*** Chopped green /red peppers can be added

*** Recipe can be cut in half. It also freezes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment