Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Monday, June 27, 2022

Philly Cheese Steak Quesadilla

 

1 pound beef top sirloin thinly sliced

1 small onions sliced

1 green bell peppers sliced into strips

1 cup BBQ sauce (your choice) optional

8 (10 inch flour tortillas

2 c shredded cheddar cheese


Preheat oven to 425º. Heat skillet over med. heat. Season beef with salt and pepper, cook until browned, stirring occasionally.  Add onions and pepper to beef and cook until softened. ***Pour BBQ sauce and simmer until sauce is slightly reduced.

Lay 4 tortillas on a baking sheet and top each with beef mixture and cheddar cheese. Place another tortilla on top of the cheese.Butter top and bottom of tortilla to make it crisp up. Bake  for 10 minutes to crisp, then flip and cook until the cheese is melted. Plate, slice into wedges for easy handling and enjoy


**IF you prefer you can use hamburger (beef is expensive) and cut the recipe in half too. 

****I don't use the BBQ sauce.

** A fry pan works well if you don't want to use the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment