Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Saturday, May 28, 2022

Cinnamon Roll cake

 This recipe can be cut in half. In the summer I only make half recipe so the pan fits in my air fryer oven.


Cake base

3 cups flour

1/4 tsp salt

1 cup sugar

4 tsp. baking powder

1 1/2 cups milk

2 eggs

2 tsp good vanilla (I use Mexican)

1/2 cup butter, melted


Topping

1 cup softened butter

1 cup dark brown sugar ( light will work too)

2 Tbs flour

1 Tbls cinnamon


Glaze

2 cups powdered sugar

5 Tbls milk

1 tsp good vanilla


Preheat oven to 350º. Butter a 9 x 13 pan.

Mix all the cake base ingredients together, except the butter. Add melted butter last and then pour into your buttered cake pan.


Mix  the topping  ingred. together in a small bowl. Drop by small spoon over the base as evenly as you can get it. Take a butter knife and swirl it into the base. Do not over mix.

Bake at 350º for 28 to 30 minutes

 

Make the glaze while the cake is baking and set aside.

Remove the cake from the oven and spread the glaze over the cake while still warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment