Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Mamma's pizza crust and sauce


Nothing beats homemade pizza, in my opinion. That is if you have the time and the desire for the best pizza that is hot and fresh. After many trials and errors I came up with these recipes for our favorite crust and sauce. I hope that you enjoy them as much as we do. This is the first time I've shared these recipes, until now, it was my secret.

Pizza Crust

3/4 cup warm water
2 1/4 tsp or one envelope of yeast

Stir yeast in warm water and let sit for 5 minutes.

In mixing bowl mix together

2 cups flour
1 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
3 Tbls. Olive oil or veg. oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning or oregano

Mix with bread dough hook until a ball forms. Place dough in a bowl coated with oil and let rise in a warm area until double in size. (about an hour)

Knead dough  and add flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Divide dough in half and roll half on floured area until the size of the pan you are using. Place on greased pizza pan and bake in a 425º oven for 7 to 9 minutes, just until lightly browned. Oh my goodness the aroma will make your mouth water, but wait, the best is yet to come.

Top with all your favorite toppings and bake in 425º oven until cheese is lightly browned and melted, about 12 to 17 minutes, depending on oven. Let cool for 5 minutes, slice . Now you can enjoy a great home made pizza. 

The other half of the dough freezes well in a greased plastic bag. Thaw in fridge and you can make another mouth watering pizza.

Pizza sauce

1 cup warm water
1/3 cup olive oil
1 small can of tomato paste
1 Tbl. Oregano
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Mix well and and heat for about 2 minutes in the microwave. Let set in fridge for at least 2 hours or over night. Freeze unused portion.

No comments:

Post a Comment