Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Stove top Frittata with Ham


No need to heat up the house on a hot summer day to make a frittata, the stove top works great too. This recipe is quick and easy to make so it gets used often. I just change up the meat and add a veggie or two** to make it different each time. The recipe is enough for two or 4 depending on the appetites. Serve with toast or fresh fruit to round off the meal. Enjoy

2 Tbsp. oil
2 cups Hash Brown Potatoes (diced or shredded)
1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped ham  
6 eggs
2 1/2 Tbsp. milk
1/2 cup chopped green onion (optional)

1/2 cup  Cheddar Cheese

Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add potatoes and ham; cook 5 min. or until potatoes are browned, stirring occasionally.
Beat eggs, milk and mustard with whisk until well blended; pour over potato mixture. Cover; cook on low heat 8 min. or until center is set.
Top with cheese; cook, covered, 1 to 2 min. or until melted.

**bacon, mushrooms, spinach, or sausage are great alternatives to the ham.

No comments:

Post a Comment