Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Potato Pancakes

A favorite of my family and I hope it will be one of yours as well.

Potato Pancakes

3 - 5 shredded potatoes                                 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cream or half and half                  2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt                                                        1 tsp onion powder
1 egg
1 T sugar

In food processor shred potatoes. Mix egg with 1/2 cup cream/half and half, sugar, salt and onion powder. Add flour and cream mixture to grated potatoes and mix well.

In heated fry pan add 1 Tbl. oil. Put desired amount of pancake mixture into pan to form pancakes and fry to golden brown. Flip and fry other side to golden brown. I keep the finished pancakes warm in a warm oven while frying up the rest of the batter.

My husband likes Karo syrup on his pancakes and our son likes cheese sauce on his. Grandson likes syrup, white or maple. :) Some people like apple sauce on their pancakes. The choice is yours, enjoy!!

Usually I serve fried sausage with the pancakes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment