Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Frans Refrigerator Pickles

A good friend gave me this recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.


Refrigerator Pickles

Fill the bottom of a gallon jar with dill, I use 3 if small heads and 2 heads of large, 2 cloves of garlic and onions (1/2 large).

Pack pickles in jar 1/2 full and add more dill (one head) and onions.

Fill jar with pickles.
In kettle mix 2 cups of white vinegar, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup pickling salt.  Heat and stir until most of the sugar and salt are dissolved. Pour over pickles, fill jar to top with water. Cover and shake to mix.

Let stand for 24 hours on counter, then refrigerate for 7 days before using. Longer is better. The longer they are refrigerated the better they get. They will keep for more then a year.

Celery and peppers can be added if you like.

I used whole pickles, spears or sliced and put them in half gallon jars. I couldn’t find any gallon glass jars but the half gallon worked out really well.

1 comment:

  1. oh these look good.. I need to give this a try.

    Oh do you need a taste taster I can come and taste them for you.

    ReplyDelete