Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Friday, September 7, 2012

Peach Bread



Peach Bread


2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 T baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh peaches
1 T lemon juice
1/3 cup canola oil 
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/3 cup chopped pecans (Optional) ( I did not use)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan.
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the peaches and lemon juice. Pour the oil, milk, vanilla, and eggs into a two-cup measuring cup.
3. Add the oil-milk mixture to the dry ingredients and stir gently until just combined. Fold in the peaches and pecans, and then pour into the loaf pan.
4. Bake 55-60 minutes until a tester comes out clean.

***If you find the dough to be too thick add a touch more milk. I am not a fan of nutmeg so next time I will add a lot less or leave it out and add cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment