Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Microwave Corn on the cob

Many people have asked me about making corn on the cob in the microwave. A friend of mine told me how she does it and I have been making corn on the cob this way ever since. I hope you find it as easy and tasty as I do. Just think ,fresh sweet corn without heating the house with a pot of boiling hot water!! Works great when in your motorhome too.

Microwaves vary so the time may need to be changed.

First I husk and wash the corn. Wrap each cob in a wet but not dripping paper towel. Place on a microwave safe plate. Cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes per cob. Half way through I like to flip the cobs over, not sure if it has to be done, but this is just what I do. Again, every microwave is different and so is the size of the ears. So you may need to adjust to your liking. Enjoy!!!

Serve with your favorite toppings. :)

The wet paper towel serves as a handy wet wipe so it really isn't being wasteful using them.

No comments:

Post a Comment