Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Taco Seasoning Mix

Out of the commercial taco seasoning packets? Not a problem, try this recipe and you won't go back to store bought.

1 Tbsp. Chili powder
2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. corn starch

Combine all ingredients. Add to one pound of ground beef. Add 3/4 cup of water and simmer for 5 minutes or until all or most liquid is gone.

**I cover for about 10 minutes to concentrate the flavors, then uncover and cook until done.

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely saving this one...Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a keeper that's for sure. I use it more times then I can count. enjoy.

    ReplyDelete