Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Rhubarb Peach Crisp

Ingredients

    * 1 cup sugar
    * 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
      * pinch of salt
    * 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
    * 2-1/2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches   

      TOPPING:
    * 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    * 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
    * 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    * 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    * 1/8 teaspoon salt
    * 5 melted butter

Directions

    * In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, rhubarb and peaches. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
    * In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Mix in melted butter and sprinkle over fruit. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and fruit is tender. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 6-8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment