Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Chewy Chocolate Peanut butter cereal bars



5    cups Chocolate Cheerios® cereal
1 1/4    cups salted peanuts
1    cup corn syrup
1/2    cup packed brown sugar
1/2    cup granulated sugar
1    cup creamy peanut butter
1/2    cup milk choc. chips

1.    Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, combine cereal and peanuts; set aside.
2.    In 2-quart saucepan, place corn syrup and sugars. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter.
3.    Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal mixture; mix until thoroughly coated. Spread evenly in pan.
4.    In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips on High 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted and smooth. Drizzle over bars. Refrigerate 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.

No comments:

Post a Comment