Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Million dollar cookies



These delicious sugar cookies, melt in your mouth. A must have in every home. 😍

1 cup shortening
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. almond extract
2 cups ap. flour
1 tsp. cream of tarter
1 tsp. baking soda




Cream together shortening, sugars, egg and flavorings. Add sifted dry ingredients. Roll into small balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Flatten with a glass bottom dipped in sugar. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes (watch for browning) at 350ΒΊ.

***Do NOT use butter in these cookies.
** A very light delicate cookie that melts in your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment