Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Mamma's Cream of Anything soup

This recipe is no salt and no fat. Salt may be added to your taste.




Chop onion, fresh garlic and mushrooms or
whatever cream soup you wish to make.






Place fry pan and saute until onions are translucent.. Remove from pan and set aside.





In the same pan, add the chicken broth mixed with flour to pan and simmer until it starts to thicken...


Add mushroom onion mixture to thickened broth and simmer until thick. You now have about two cans of concentrated cream of mushroom soup. Change the mushrooms to what ever meat or veggie you want for the cream you soup you would like.


This can be diluted with 3/4 cup of milk to make a recipe of cream soup like you would get from a can, but without the added fat, salt and preservatives.

Base Recipe:

2 cups chicken or beef broth, I use HerbOx salt free bouillon
6 Tbls. flour
1 small onion
3 cloves fresh garlic
Salt and pepper to taste or needs.

Addition suggestions:

2 cups, chopped fresh mushrooms with a dash of nutmeg, chicken with a dash of sage or poultry seasoning, broccoli 1/2 tsp thyme, carrots 1/2 tsp basil, cauliflower with 1/2 tsp curry powder. Enjoy a healthy cream soup.

2 comments:

  1. make this the other day. Not only was it simple it taste great. Thanks Sis for the recipe this will be one I use over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you like it. I use it a lot too! Enjoy Sis!

    ReplyDelete