Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Mamma's chili


2 pounds ground beef
64 ounces of crushed tomatoes (I use my canned fresh tomatoes)
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 1/2 tsp. Cumin ( to taste)
1 medium chopped onion
1/4 cup sugar
small can of tomato paste 
**1 can red beans drained 
salt and pepper to taste

Brown beef and onion, drain fat.
Mix tomatoes and seasonings in large kettle or pot. Add hamburger to tomatoes. Simmer for half an hour to blend flavors. Always best the next day.

**Ranch style beans are 100 times better so I use these now and it puts the chili over the top great.
**Sometimes I like to add about 2 Tbls. of chopped green pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment