Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Caramel Apple Crisp




Serve with ice cream for the perfect fall treat!






8 cups peeled and sliced tart apples
33 caramels, divided
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons milk
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup quick cooking oats
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
Instructions

Heat the oven to 375F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish. Place the apples in the baking dish.
In a heavy saucepan, melt 25 of the caramels with 2 tablespoons of milk. Pour the caramel over the apples.
In a bowl, mix togethr the flour, oats, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon. Using a pastry cutter or a fork, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the mixture over the apples. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 45-50 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.
In a small microwave safe bowl, combine the remaining 8 caramels with 2 teaspoons of milk. Cook in 15 second increments, stirring often, until melted and smooth. Drizzle over the crisp. Serve with ice cream, if desired.


2 comments:

  1. I have made something like this before instead of the caramels I use the ice cream caramel topping and it works well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had caramels to use up before they got hard.

    ReplyDelete