Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Rice pilaf




2 tbsp. butter, butter or oil
1/2 c. celery, chopped
1 med. onion, chopped
1/2 c. fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
1/2 c. chopped green pepper
1 c. brown or long grain rice
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. salt  (optional)
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 c. beef or chicken broth ( I used sodium free chicken)
2 tbsp. chopped parsley
Paprika
Melt butter in large skillet; add vegetables and grain. Stir constantly until vegetables are tender and grain is golden. Add seasonings and broth. Cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 to 40 minutes. Garnish with parsley and paprika. 

2 comments:

  1. love love love love love. Oh Cindy did I tell you I loved this recipe it was wonderful thanks tons Sis you rock

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome Kris my dear sis!

    ReplyDelete