Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Low Sodium Alfredo Sauce



1 cup milk or fat free, half and half
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 -3 garlic cloves, finely diced
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup grated low-sodium parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried basil or 1/2 teaspoon dill (optional)
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
Directions:

 In a saucepan with a heavy bottom, sautee diced garlic in the butter over med high heat, 2 or 3 minutes. Add the flour and stir until the mixture is smooth. Add the milk slowly and stir constantly to prevent burning. Turn down heat to low and heat until the sauce is thick enough, usually about 3 -5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and stir until well mixed. Remove from heat and serve on fettecini noodles.
Options:

Mushrooms, cooked carrots, celery or other veggies may be added with the spices, if desired. I add chicken, shrimp or turkey too. Mmmmm.



Servings Per Recipe: 2
Amount Per Serving 
Daily ValueCalories 329.4 
Calories from Fat 210
Total Fat 23.3g
Saturated Fat 14.7 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg
Sodium 79.7 mg

No comments:

Post a Comment