Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Refrigerator Muffins


Delicious Refrigerator Muffins

Pour 1 1/2 cups of boiling water over 2 cups of crushed shredded wheat (6 biscuits) and 2 cups All Bran broken up or Bran Buds cereal. Set aside and cool. Do not stir. (I mix them up before adding the water)

Cream: 1 cup of canola oil and 3 cups sugar (I use dark brown and  white.)

Add and mix in: 4 eggs, 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal, 1 qt buttermilk (Powdered buttermilk works well and you can keep it on hand for other times and uses)

Then add: 5 cups a.p. flour, 1 Tbsp salt 0r less, 5 tsp soda, 2 Tbsp. cinnamon. 

Add the cooled cereal mixture and stir only until blended. I mix mine with the mixer as it is easier for me. You will need a very large bowl as it makes a lot. 

For variety add: dates, raisins, nuts, coconut, chocolate chips, cranberries, finely diced apple, mashed banana, blueberries. Lots of possibilites as to what you can add. 

Bake fresh as needed at 400* for 15-20 minutes for large or 10-12 for mini muffins in greased muffin tins. Use a tooth pick to check for doneness.

This will keep for a month in the refrigerator.  An ice cream pail will work well.



***** I cut the recipe in half. This recipe is from a friend who comes from a line of great cooks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment