Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Easy scalloped potatoes

Scalloped potatoes

1 can of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
2 TBS chopped parsley or 1 TBS dried parsley
salt and pepper to taste
4 cups sliced potatoes
1 small chopped onion or less, depending on taste
1 TBS butter

Combine soup, milk, parsley and pepper.  In 2 quart casserole, arrange alternate layers of potatoes, onions and sauce.  Dot top with butter.  Cover; bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15 minutes more or until potatoes are done.


** Fried Hamburger or  chopped up ham may be added if you wish to make it a one pot meal. How much meat is up to you.

** Turn it into cheesey potatoes by adding slices of cheese or shredded cheddar cheese between layers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment