Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Peanut Brittle

Micro wave Peanut brittle


Ingredients:
1 cup raw peanuts
1/2 cup white corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla


Instructions:
Stir together peanuts, sugar, syrup & salt in 1-1/4 qt. casserole.
Place in micro oven & cook 6 min., stirring well after 3 min.
Add butter & blend well
Return to oven & cook 2 to 3 min., more or until peanuts are golden
Add baking soda, vanilla & gently stir until light & foamy.
Pour onto greased cookie sheet & let cool.
When cool break into pieces & store in airtight container

Doesn't stick to dentures or teeth.

1 comment:

  1. I made this last year twice. Turns out very good and tastes wonderful!

    ReplyDelete