Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Mandarin orange jello


When I make this recipe I use sugar free jello and sugar free fruit to keep it as low sugar as I can. It is very good and always a big hit.

Mandarin orange jello

YIELD: 8 cups

1 1/2 cups hot water
1 6 oz package of orange jello
1 12 oz Cool Whip
1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
2 10 oz. cans of mandarin oranges, drained
coconut, chopped walnuts, or mini marshmallows, optional (I never use)

Add 1 1/2 cups of hot water to jello in a large bowl. Mix well until all disolved. Let this cool on top of your counter until it is cool enough to put in the refrigerator. Cool in the refrigerator approximately
15 to 20 minutes. You don't want the jello to set up. You want the jello to be cool and when you stick
your finger in it comes out with an orange coating. The jello is still in liquid form. Next, add the cool
whip and stir well until all the jello is mixed in. Add the pineapple and mix well. Add the mandarin
oranges last and fold in gently so as to not break up the oranges. Chill for a half an hour or over night is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment