Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Best Frog Eye Salad ever



I got this recipe from my mom, and I've made it many time, so I know it's a good one. The recipe makes a huge amount making it great for family gatherings or if you have a large family at home. I've had other recipes and they do not compare in taste and flavor to this one. You won't be disappointed. 

Frog Eye Salad

1 1/3 cup Acini De Pepe (uncooked)
1 can (15 oz) chunk pineapple or tidbits (drained) reserve 1/4 cup of juice
1 3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 pkg small vanilla instant pudding
2 cups whipped topping 
3 cups mini marshmallows (the colored look so pretty)
1 can crushed pineapple, drained
2 cans mandarin oranges, drained
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup maraschino cherries, halved

Cook pasta 11 minutes, rinse with cold water, drain well. In LARGE bowl beat reserved pineapple juice, milk, sugar and pudding for 2 minutes. Gently stir in pasta and remaining ingredients: cover, refrigerate at least 5 hours.

I put my cans of fruit in the fridge so they are cold when I make this salad. It seems to turn out better.
If you don’t want to waste the rest of the juice, drink it.

No comments:

Post a Comment