Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Easy Stir Fry

  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 pound beef sirloin, cut into 2-inch strips or small chunks of chicken
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
  • 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
  • 1 1/2 cup julienned/matchstick cut carrots
  • 1 green onion, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic


1 cup chicken or beef broth
2 Tbls. Corn Starch
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce


  1. Heat vegetable oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir beef or chicken until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Move meat to the side of the wok or to a plate and add broccoli, bell pepper, carrots, green onion, and garlic to the center of the wok or fry pan. Cook and stir vegetables for 2 minutes.

  2. Mix chicken broth, cornstarch and soy sauce and set aside.

  3. Stir beef into vegetables, pour chicken broth mixture toss. Continue to cook and stir until vegetables are tender, about 2 more minutes.
      Serve over rice or chow mein noodles. All by itself is good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment