Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Sunday, March 4, 2018

CrockPot Rice Pudding


No heating up the oven in the heat of the summer, I put the crock pot outside on the patio. Mmmm warm rice pudding topped with a sprinkling of  cinnamon and sugar. :)






3 tbsp. butter
6 cups whole or 2% milk (no skim milk – it’s too watery)
2 cups Minute® White Rice (uncooked)
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. brown sugar


Grease the inside of a 4 quart slow cooker with butter. Be sure to get the sides too. Set aside the butter for use again in just a minute. Note: You can use a round, oval or casserole-shaped slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for about 3-4 hours (stirring occasionally while cooking.)
When the rice is tender, it is ready.
Stir well, then top with a sprinkling of cinnamon. Cooking times may vary slightly when using different shaped slow cookers.

No comments:

Post a Comment