Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Carrot Cake Bars


Preheat oven to 350 º

Cake
1¼ cups unsweetened applesauce or oil
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
Next
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon



Then add…..
2 cups grated carrots
1 cup shredded sweetened coconut (optional)
1 cup chopped nuts optional
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup crushed pineapple not drained! {use the pineapple in it's own JUICE not syrup}


Pour into a lightly greased or parchment lined 10x17-inch jelly roll pan.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely!

Cream Cheese Frosting:
½ c butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 lb powdered sugar

Beat the butter and cream cheese until nice and fluffy. Add in the vanilla and powdered sugar and beat until nice and smooth.
Spread on top of the cooled cake bars and serve.
Store leftovers in an airtight container, in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment