Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Crock pot chunky applesauce

I love fall and with fall comes apples. Since we live and travel in our RV I am always looking for crock pot recipes. This is one that I found and it is delicious. Sure makes the RV smell good too. :) We got a bag of granny smith that were too young and hence quite sour. So this was a good way to use them and not let them go to waste. I did add about 1/4 cup more sugar because of that.

Chunky Cinnamon Applesauce

8 to 10 large tart apples, peeled and cut into chunks
Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 to 1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
DIRECTIONS
Combine apples, sugar, water and cinnamon in a 3-qt. slow cooker; stir gently. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until apples are tender. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Chunky Applesauce in Quick Cooking  

No comments:

Post a Comment