Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Apple butterscotch crisp (crock pot)

Crockpot cooking when living in an RV is a great easy way to go. Start the dish and leave for the day. This dish is no exception and it is delicious.


Apple butterscotch crisp  

INGREDIENTS
3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 3 medium)
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1/3 cup cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
Vanilla ice cream, optional

DIRECTIONS
Place apples in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, oats, pudding mix and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples.
Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours or until apples are tender. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 3 servings.

from Taste of Home

No comments:

Post a Comment