Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Bell pepper boats

When I'm feeling rushed or a bit on the lazy side, I will use leftover taco meat in the pepper shells. Add some salsa to the meat, put in the boat's, top with the cheese, heat and eat. Mmmm, either way it's very good.

Bell pepper boats.

1 pound lean ground turkey
1 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup salsa
1 cup grated cheddar jack cheese 
3 bell peppers (red and yellow are sweeter)





Directions

Remove seeds, core, and membrane from bell peppers then slice each one into 6 vertical pieces where they dip down. Set sliced bell peppers aside.

Cook ground turkey over medium-high heat, breaking up as it cooks. Cook until the turkey loses its pink color and is cooked through. Drain off any fat.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Combine cooked turkey with spices and salsa. Evenly distribute mixture into the bell pepper boats, top with cheese. Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and peppers are hot.


Remove from the oven and add additional toppings, If desired, such as sour cream, scallions, or extra cheese. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment