Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Broccoli Cheese Soup


BROCCOLI/CAULIFLOWER SOUP
1 bunch broccoli
1 head cauliflower
1/2 cup chopped carrots
7 Tbl butter
7 Tbl flour
3 c half and half
3 c milk
1/4 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
5 or 6 chicken bouillon cubes
5 ounces of Velveeta Cheese or cheddar cheese

Steam or boil veggies till almost tender. In large pot melt butter, add flour to thicken, stirring constantly to make a paste. Combine warm milk and half and half pour into butter mixture and stir. Add spices and bouillon and cheese. Stir constantly until thick and cheese is melted.  Add veggies  and heat through. DO NOT BOIL.

2 comments: