Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Colored deviled eggs

Cook as many eggs as you will need. Cool and peel. Slice lengthwise and remove the yolk to a small bowl. Mix your yolks whichever way you like. I like Miracle Whip, a touch of milk, salt, pepper and a sugar to taste. Mix well. Sometimes I am ambitious and will pipe the yolks into the whites to look fancy. 

Sprinkle with paprika to add a bit of color to the yolk. (optional)

Coloring for eggs:

Add 1 tsp vinegar and 20 drops of desired color into 1/2 cup of warm water. Leave egg in cup until desired color is met.  The longer you leave in the solution the darker or brighter the color. I prefer pastel for Easter.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment