Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Home made ice cream

1 1/4 cup of milk (your choice, 1%, 2% or whole. I use 1%)
2 cups half and half (I use fat free, but it's your choice)
3/4 up sugar
2 beaten eggs (or 1/2 cup egg beaters) You can leave the eggs out.
1/8 tsp. salt
1 TBL. vanilla

Mix eggs and milk until well blended. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into ice cream freezer until a soft serve ice cream.  Store in air tight bowl in freezer. It freezes to a very hard consistency. Makes 1 1/2 quarts.

Other variations I use:
1 jar of marchino cherries quartered, use the juice instead of the vanilla, and add some malt flavoring if you like. My husband likes pecan's added. Both the pecans and cherries are added during the last 10 minutes or so. Mmmmm

Chocolate syrup and malt, to your taste and omit the vanilla.

Use your imagination there are so many yummy combinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment