Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Butter Cookies

1 cup butter room temp.
4 eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
4 cups flour

Cream butter, eggs and sugar. Add flour and baking powder. Place in fridge to chill.

Roll out onto floured surface to desired thickness. Cut into various holiday shapes. You can decorate before baking or decorate and frost after baking. I do both to keep everyone happy. :)

Bake on greased cookie sheet. DO NOT use sprays such as Pam. Bake at 400ยบ for 8 to 9 minutes. Watch so they don't brown too much!

DO NOT use margarine or shortening in these cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment