Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Rhubarb muffins/cupcakes

In a baking contest I got a blue ribbon for these muffins, hence the name. :) They really are delicious.

Blue Ribbon RHUBARB MUFFINS
1 1/4 c. packed brown sugar   
2 1⁄2 c. unsifted flour
1⁄2 c. salad oil   
1 tsp. Baking powder
1 egg   
1/2 c. chopped nuts, optional
1 tsp. Soda
   2 tsp. Vanilla   
                                                                          
1/2 tsp. Salt
                                                                         1 c. buttermilk or sour milk   
                                                                         1 1/2 c. diced rhubarb

Topping   
1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/3 c. plus 3 T sugar   
1 Tbsp. Melted butter


In mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, salad oil, egg & vanilla; beat until well blended. Stir in buttermilk, rhubarb and nuts. Combine flour, baking powder, soda & salt. Add all at once to rhubarb mixture; stir just until mixed. Fill greased muffin pans 2/3 full. Combine sugar, cinnamon & butter. Sprinkle over muffins; press gently into batter. Bake at 400˚ for 20 minutes. Yield 2 doz.

No comments:

Post a Comment