Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Empanada's

Empanada's


Ingredients

    * 1/2 cup butter, softened
    * 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
    * 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
    * 1 cup fruit preserves
    * 1/3 cup white sugar
                                                                
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon



Directions

   1. DAY BEFORE: Cream butter and cream cheese together until smoothly blended. Beat in the flour. Shape dough into a smooth ball, wrap in foil or cling wrap, and refrigerate overnight or up to a week.

   2. AT BAKING TIME: Remove dough from refrigerator 30 minutes before using. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F .

   3. Roll chilled dough thin. Cut with 3 or 4 inch round cookie cutter. Place small spoonful of jam in center of each round, moisten edges with water.

   4. Fold round over and press edges together with fork tongs. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 15 to 20 minutes. Immediately roll in sugar mixed with cinnamon (traditional) OR in confectioners' sugar if preferred. Store in air tight container.


**These cookies freeze well.

No comments:

Post a Comment