Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Sunday, September 19, 2021

Taco Casserole

 


Taco Casserole


1 pound ground beef I use 93% lean

1/2 cup onion finely diced

1 packet taco seasoning

1 can Rotel original with diced tomatoes and green chillies

 1 1/4 to 1 1/2  cups tortilla chips crushed about 1/2 inch in size just not too small.

1 1/4 cups cheddar cheese shredded

Toppings such as shredded lettuce, diced tomato and sliced olives

cooking spray




Preheat the oven to 350º. Coat a 9 inch square pan or 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.

Fry ground beef as you would do to make taco’s and then add the taco seasoning as directed on package.

Add the onion and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until onion is translucent.

Stir in Rotel, Simmer for 3-4 minutes.

Place a layer of broken tortilla chips in the bottom of the prepared pan.

Pour the beef mixture over chips and top with the cheese.

Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. 

Add toppings if desired, then serve and enjoy. 


This does reheat and freezes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment