Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Saturday, April 3, 2021

Raisin sauce for ham or pork

 Raisin Sauce for ham or pork





1 1/2 cups water

 3/4 cup raisins

 1/3 cup brown sugar

 1 teaspoon cornstarch

 1/2 teaspoon salt

Pinch of cloves

1/4 tsp of apple cider vinegar


Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan. Once boiling, add raisins. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes, until raisins are soft.

In a separate bowl, stir together brown sugar, corn starch, and salt.

Add sugar mixture to raisin mixture. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes, until sauce is thick.


This can be made ahead and stored in fridge until needed. If too thick when reheated, add a touch of water to get desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment