Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Homemade heavy cream


So often we will find a recipe that calls for heavy cream and we have none. Here is a recipe to make your own, providing you have whole milk  on hand.

Make your own Heavy Cream 

3/4 cup whole milk (not low fat)
1/3 cup real butter, melted but not hot enough to boil!

Put the whole milk In a bowl, add the melted butter and whip with a whisk attachment or hand beater on medium for about 2 minutes.

If you plan on making your own Whipping Cream use 1/2 c. butter instead of 1/3rd.

Refrigerate the mixture in a covered container. If using the cream in soups, sauces or baked goods, it's ready immediately. To use it in homemade whipped cream it must be refrigerated for at least 24 hours. Do not use margarine as this is merely oil and does not work.

No comments:

Post a Comment