Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Monday, October 22, 2018

Cheeseburger Tomatoes


1 tbsp. canola or olive oil

medium onion, chopped
cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. 
hamburger
1 tbsp. 
ketchup
1 tbsp. 
 mustard
slicing tomatoes
 salt and pepper to taste
2/3 c. 
shredded cheddar
1/4 c. 
shredded iceberg lettuce
pickle slices

  1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes, then stir in garlic. Add hamburger, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, and cook until the beef is no longer pink. Drain fat. Season with salt and pepper, then stir in ketchup and mustard. 
  2. Flip tomatoes so they are stem-side down. Cut the tomatoes into six wedges, being careful to not cut completely through the tomato. Carefully spread open the wedges. Divide cooked ground beef evenly among the tomatoes, then top each with cheese and lettuce. 
  3. Garnish with sliced pickles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment