Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Monday, April 9, 2018

Cheeseburger salad


Cheeseburger Salad

1 lb. ground beef ground beef
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper

FOR THE SALAD
2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
1 c. shredded cheddar
1 c. grape tomatoes, halved
Dill pickle chips, quartered
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp. sesame seeds, for garnish

Thousand Island Dressing

 In a medium skillet over medium heat, add ground beef, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until no pink remains, 8 to 10 minutes. 

Assemble salad: In a large bowl, toss together romaine, cheddar, tomatoes, pickles, and red onion. Divide among salad bowls, add hamburger to each bowl.  Serve with thousand Island dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment