Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Mamma's Egg bake aka Oven Omelet

Egg Bake (from Kim)
Pictures shown as of the recipe cut in half, in a 9 x 9 pan.

My husband swore he didn't like egg bakes so I called this an oven omelet because he loves omelets, and he loved the egg bake and now he will ask for it by name. It's all in a title for some people. Enjoy.











6 -9 slices of bread crust removed
cubed ham, sausage or bacon crumbled ( I use 6 or 7 strips of fried bacon)
3 cups milk 
1/2 teas. salt
1 Tbls. chopped onion
6 large or 9 med eggs
1 to 2 cups of shredded  cheddar cheese


Butter or grease a 9x13 pan ( I just spray it with Pam). Put bread in bottom. Cube meat and lay on top of the bread. Put cheese on top of meat. Mix milk, salt, eggs, onion and pour on top. Cover with foil and place in fridge over night.  Bake uncovered at 350 for 45 minutes.
Baked and out of the oven.....












Proof that we enjoy this Egg bake...... gone 

No comments:

Post a Comment