Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Yummy Low cal, low carb, vegetable soup


This soup is so good that one bowl won't be enough for a meal. I like it to ward off grazing during the day too. Can be used as breakfast, lunch, snack or dinner. Add some meat if you wish to add some protein. and make it a well rounded meal.  I prefer it without the meat. :)






6 cups vegetable broth or 6 cups water (The vegetable broth is the best way to go, I use no salt added)
 14 ounce can of diced tomatoes or you can use your garden fresh 
2 medium carrots  sliced ( about 1 cup)
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1/2 medium bell pepper thinly chopped
1 cup chopped celery
1 6 ounce can tomato paste ( I use no salt added)
2 cups fresh broccoli florets ( used a bag of frozen mixed broccoli and cauliflower)
2 cups cauliflower florets, bite size pieces
1 cup thinly sliced cabbage (gives the illusion of noodles)
1 cup frozen corn, can use fresh or canned
1 1/2 tsp salt Or to taste
1 tsp pepper  
1 to 2 TBl  Sugar to cut the tomato acidity (optional)

In 6 quart pot, combine all the ingredients and place over medium heat. Cover and cook for about 45 minutes, until veggies are tender, stirring occasionally.



No comments:

Post a Comment