Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Friday, November 21, 2014

Linzer Cookies

Linzer Cookies


1 1/4 cups butter, softened 
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted 
1/4 teaspoon salt 
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon 

1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
Powdered sugar


Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer; gradually add 1 cup powdered sugar, beating until light and fluffy.

Combine flour and next 4 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended.

Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Cover and chill 1 hour.

Roll each portion to a 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; cut circle shape,Cut centers out of half of cookies with a 1 1/2-inch shaped cutter. Place all cut outs on lightly greased baking sheets. Or follow instructions on your Linzer cookie cutter kit. 


Bake at 325° for 15 minutes; cool on wire racks. Spread solid cookies with jam; sprinkle remaining stars with powdered sugar. Top each solid cookie with cut out top.

No comments:

Post a Comment