Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Christmas Teacakes

1 cup butter, NO substitutions
1/2 cup POWDERED  sugar
1 teasp. Vanilla
2 1/4 cup a.p flour
1/4 teasp. salt
3/4 cup chopped pecans

Mix butter, sugar and vanilla well. Add flour, salt, nuts and mix well. Chill dough.

Preheat oven to 400º while dough is chilling. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet about an inch apart. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool slightly so you can gently roll hot cookie balls  in powdered sugar. When completely cool, roll again. Store in air tight container.
Makes about 4 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment