Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Glazed Apple Cinnamon muffins


  1/4cup butter, softened
  1/3 cup sugar
  2 tablespoons brown sugar
  1 egg
  1/2 cup milk
  1-1/2 cups flour
  2 teaspoons baking powder
  1/2 teaspoon salt
  1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  1 medium tart apple, peeled and finely chopped
  1/2 cup chopped pecans
  1/4 cup flaked coconut

  GLAZE:
  1 cup powdered sugar plus 1 Tbls.
  2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice or water


Directions
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until well mixed. Beat in egg. Stir in milk. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in the apple, pecans and coconut.

Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over muffins while slightly warm. Serve warm. Yield: 12 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment