Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Beef stew

Old-Fashioned Beef Stew
1 to 2 pounds stew meat
1 Tbls oil
1 large onion, chopped
4 cups water
1 tsp seasoned salt
2 tsp beef bouilon
1/2 tsp pepper
salt to taste
potatoes
carrots
celery

In your favorite stew pot brown meat that has been coated with flour.
Add onion, water, seasoned salt, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil
Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2 hours. Add vegetables and cover 
and simmer for 30 minutes or till done.

I use about 2 celery stalks, 4 carrots and about 5 potatoes.

Use the amount of veggies that you like. 

Add more water if needed - it usually is. Thicken and enjoy. The flour from the browned meat usually thickens it well for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment