Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Rhubarb Torte


Rhubarb Torte (recipe can be cut in half and use an 8 x 8 pan.
1 cup butter melted
2 cups flour
2 TB sugar

Mix crust and pat in a 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 15 minutes at 350º.


FILLING
6 egg yolks slightly beaten
2 cups sugar
4 T flour
1 cup half and half
5 to 6 cups of cut up rhubarb
Mix well and pour over baked crust.. Bake for 45 minutes at 350º

MERINGUE TOPPING
Beat 6  room temperature egg whites and 1/2 teas. cream of tarter until soft peaks. Gradually add 3/4 cup of sugar, 2 TB at a time and 2 tea. vanilla until stiff peaks. Spread on hot base. Bake for 15 minutes at 375º or until browned.

**I hope you are better at making meringue then I am. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment