Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Honey bunches cookies


The Honey Bunches of Oats box of cereal was just too big for just me. So I decided to make some oatmeal cookies and add some of the HBO to the mix. This is the perfect combination of chewy and crunchy.






Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1.5 cups flour
pinch salt
1 cup all-purpose oats
1 cup Honey Bunches of Oats cereal.
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
2 eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In an electric mixer, beat together the butter, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon until well blended. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until mixed through. Add the flour in small amounts until all of it is mixed in. Turn off the mixer and add the oats and cereal by hand and stir with a spatula.
Drop dough by the spoonful onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute then transfer to a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment