Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Sunday, August 9, 2020

Caramel Apple Cake (easy)

 

1 box yellow cake mix 

1 21 oz can apple pie filling

2 eggs beaten


1 12 oz jar caramel ice cream topping divided

2 tsp ground cinnamon



Preheat oven to 350F degrees.

Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish or grease and flour pan.


In a medium bowl, combine dry cake mix, pie filling, beaten eggs, cinnamon, and 1/4 cup caramel topping.

Mix on low speed for one to 2 minutes.

If you want larger pieces of apple in your cake, be careful not to mix too vigorously or the apples will break up fairly small. I mush prefer the smaller pieces throughout the cake rather than bigger pieces here and there.

Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Batter will be thick.


Bake for about 30-35 minutes.

Oven times do vary but your cake should be golden and bounce back to the touch.

Remove cake from oven and pour remaining caramel topping over warm cake.

Some of the caramel topping will go over the sides as you spread it out.

This is going to add to the moistness of this cake.

The warm cake is going to absorb most of the sauce as it begins to cool.


If you prefer a some sort of frosting on your cake, just combine a tub of whipped topping with the caramel sauce and spread it on the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment