Welcome to my Kitchen!

As often as possible you will find new recipes, that I have found on the internet, from others and some that are family favorites. Most are easy and use common ingredients found in most kitchens. Not all pictures are taken by me, but I do add my own pictures as soon as I can after I have made the recipe and remember to take the picture. Pull up a chair, help yourself to some coffee and make yourself at home. Please leave a comment, I appreciate feedback. Thank you.

Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Basic Pancakes

Basic pancakes

1 cup ap flour
1 Tbl. Sugar
1 teas. baking powder
1/4 teas. salt
1 beaten egg
1 cup milk
1 Tbl. Veg Oil
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix together dry ingredients set aside. In another bowl mix milk, egg and oil. Pour wet ingredients into the dry until just moistened. It should be lumpy. Over mixing causes flat tough pancakes.

Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto hot lightly greased fry pan.**  Cook over medium heat about 2 minutes on each side or till pancakes are golden brown, turning to second sides when pancakes have bubbly surfaces and edges are slightly dry. 

**Once the batter is poured I like to add 7 to 8 blueberries to each pancake. Fresh or frozen blueberries work well.
Leftovers freezer well.

No comments:

Post a Comment